HakiRasilimali and MS-TCDC invite community based leaders and practitioners engaging in extractive sector to apply for a short course on Fundamentals of Community Led Advocacy in Mining, Oil and Gas.
The course aims at nurturing the next line of community based civil society leaders and practitioners engaging in extractive governance to amplify citizen voices in influencing policies and practices in the extractive sector.
It intends to benefit emerging leaders and practitioners who have limited or no prior expert knowledge and experience in the extractive sector governance. Further, selected trainees will be equipped with knowledge, skills and tools to effectively engage with industry leaders, and policy makers and other key stakeholders on mining, oil and natural gas governance in Tanzania.
- Fundamentals of the extractive industries
- Extractives Governance: Legislative and Institutional Framework
- Transparency, Accountability and Integrity in the extractives
- Revenue Management in Extractives
- Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining (ASM)
- Extractives and Local Development
- Human Rights in the extractives
- Extractives, Environment and Climate Change
- Gender and the extractives
- Community led Advocacy (Policy and practice)
Starts 26th September to 7th October, 2022
Participation costs in this training will be covered by the organizer(s).
How to Apply
Women are highly encouraged to apply
The closing date for applications is 29th August 2022. Only successful applicants will be notified.